Monday, September 23, 2013

Cheers!

When I found out I had lost my job last November I felt like the air had been knocked out of my lungs.
Not only was I losing my job of almost 5 years, but I was no longer going to work with such a great group of people.

There was something truly great about working with people who were like family.
It was very comforting to know that no matter what was going on I had a group of people that I could depend on. I worked with my sister, Elizabeth, so it was good to know she was right there if we ever needed one another.
Sure the days contained work but the people made it what it was. I would wait for Hillary to come in so we could get our coffee together and go over what we did the night before. Lunch with the gang most days and on Fridays we would try to go out as a group. A Snippet of some of the emails that would pass between us- Who was going to drive? Where did we wanna go eat? Not Panera Bread again!!

We talked about everything and anything. I have some really good memories from working there.
They were more than co-workers, they were friends. We built habitat houses together, went on a scavenger hunt at the zoo, Redbirds game, and many more fun activities.
In fact, even as people left ServiceMaster, they always kept in touch.

I miss the family at YPMG because being there was kind of like how the Cheers bar is described in its theme song- sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment